Philadelphia House of Prayer
The project at 5500-62 Tabor Ave. consists of renovating and modifying 100,000 SF of the existing factory building to include several large assembly spaces. The existing steel and masonry building, is comprised of several additions, the most recent one, and the one within the scope of work was built approximately in 1960. Design development is planning for new spaces such as:
- A 3,000 seat worship space with tiered seating and a state of the art sound and lighting systems for worship services, live music performances, and broadcasting capabilities.
- Flexible meeting rooms of various sizes for weddings, receptions, meetings and other functions along with a full catering kitchen.
- Sunday school and nursery with individual classrooms and restrooms.
- Recreational space with two indoor basketball courts.
- Common circulation hall that connect the large main areas with each other along with the entrance foyer, restrooms and the rest of the building.